The sensational debut album from the "sorcerer of beautiful sound”, pianist Michail Lifits, is an exciting Mozart album. Much vaunted for his “spiritually transfused, almost wise-seeming sound" on the international concert stage as well as admired for the "positively breathless beauty of his playing", Michail Lifits has already being compared to Wilhelm Kempff.
The winner of the 57th Ferruccio Busoni International Piano Competition in Bolzano (2009), Lifits presents an altogether new Mozart, like a soufflé – light and easy, yet intensive in taste.
Lifits’ Mozart album features not only absolute repertoire highlights such as the Fantasia in D minor (K397) and the Rondo in A minor (K511), but also unknown early sonatas as well as the Duport Variations (K573).
Lifits abhors empty technique – he interprets music vocally, with the most delicate pianissimi, rounded cantilenas and an enchantingly beautiful tone. From this arises an entirely new picture of Mozart: surprising, intellectually imbued, and yet light and airy.
A Mozart you can rave about.
Michail Lifits plays Mozart
- Audio CD
- Release date: 28.03.2012
- Number of Discs: 1
- Label: Decca (Universal Music)
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
- Fantasia In D Minor, K.397
- Nine Variations In D On A Minuet By J.P. Duport, K.573
- Piano Sonata No.4 In E Flat, K.282 - 1. Adagio
- Piano Sonata No.4 In E Flat, K.282 - 2. Menuetto I-II
- Piano Sonata No.4 In E Flat, K.282 - 3. Allegro
- Rondo In A Minor, K.511
- Rondo In D Major, K.485
- Adagio In B Minor, K.540
- Piano Sonata No.9 In D, K.311 - 1. Allegro Con Spirito
- Piano Sonata No.9 In D, K.311 - 2. Andantino Con Espressione
- Piano Sonata No.9 In D, K.311 - 3. Rondeau (Allegro)